Federation for Law and Justice (FLJ) -to advance the fairness and equity of the justice system, and to improve access to justice, especially for socially and economically disadvantaged people.
- identifying society needs through the independent research of our Access to Justice and Legal Need program and discrete projects carried out in partner research with universities
- supporting community and other organisations to produce a wide range of access to justice initiatives (i.e. information booklets, DVDs, workshops, research) through financial and other support from National & International Grants program
- promoting the use of Plain English to produce understandable legal information
- producing a range of publications which helps to promote access to justice activity
- acknowledging the outstanding work of people working to improve access to justice by managing the annual Justice Awards
- supporting legal system reforms and new justice initiatives by contributing our research findings to policy development.